You guys! This is by far my favorite breakfast and what I make Jake and I most mornings. It is full of gut healing prebiotics and fiber not to mention brain boosting antioxidants and omega 3s! I find the trick to making delicious oats is to cook with almond milk instead of water and to add in some cut up banana while it is cooking. The banana gets a little carmalized in the heat and it adds the most amazing natural sweetness! You will seriously wake up craving this stuff…
Ingredients (serves 2-3)
2 cups rolled oats
2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 cup frozen (or fresh) blueberries
1 cup frozen strawberries
2 tbsp nut butter of choice (I like almond or peanut butter)
Optional: 1 tbp chia seeds (y’all know how much I love chia) and a dollop of preserves of your choice for adde sweetness
1. Add 2 cup rolled oats and 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
2. Turn up the heat to high and cook for about 4 min or until almond milk is no longer watery.
3. Meanwhile, cup up one banana into the mixture while it’s cooking.
4. Add about 1 cup frozen berries and heat in the microwave for 2 min
5. Once the oats are done, split into two bowls, add your stewed berries, 1 tbsp nut butter, and a dollop of preserves of your choice
6. Optional: for added gut and brain boost, sprinkle with chia seeds.
Delicious and amazing for your mood, gut, and hormones!