I don’t know about you guys, but I’m all about easy and convenient health and this honey chicken does the trick! The added honey makes this chicken dish SO DELICIOUS!
To create a brain boosting meal, remember PP + FF
(protein, phytonutrients, fats, fiber)
Protein – Chicken is a great source of protein, which is super important in making neurotransmitters!
Phytonutrients – Broccoli is loaded with Sulforaphane that is amazing for detoxification of hormones and provides protection against oxidative stress in your brain.
Fiber – brown rice is full of microbiome feeding fiber!
Fats – Super important in hormone and blood sugar balancing.
8 ounces chicken breast
2 tablespoons low sodium vegetable broth
2 tablespoons sesame seeds roasted
2 tablespoons honey
3 cups broccoli steamed
11⁄2 cups cooked brown rice
1. Cook brown rice according to package instructions, or see link for instructions.
2. Steam broccoli over boiling water for 4-5 minutes.
3. Add chicken breasts and broth to a large skillet and bring to boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low and cook until the chicken has nearly cooked through.
4. Add the honey and sesame seeds; stir well. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until all liquids have been absorbed and the chicken begins to brown.
5. Serve with steamed broccoli and brown rice.
Hope you guys enjoy! Make sure to comment and let me know how you like it!