This Lentil Cauliflower Curry is a brain booster powerhouse and perfect for a prepped lunch for the week. With just 5 main ingredients, it is also super easy to make. Remember… Brain boosting meals are as easy as PP + FF
(Protein, Phytonutrients, Fats, and Fiber)
Protein – Lentils are a great plant-based protein to help you create neurotransmitters
Phytonutrients – Curry as a spice is a wonderful phytonutrients to reduce oxidative stress in the brain.
Fats – Olive oil is an awesome fat that helps to balance your blood sugar and hormones.
Fiber – Cauliflower and lentils are full of microbiome boosting fiber that help create serotonin and GABA
Ingredients for Curry:
2 cup lentils (cooked and canned is fine)
7 cups low sodium vegetable broth
2 tablespoon curry powder
4 russet potatoes peeled, quartered
2 dash salt (add as much as you desire)
2 dash pepper
Directions (Before doing anything, preheat oven to 375 degrees for the cauliflower to come later!)
1. In large pot, bring lentils and curry power and vegetable stock to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to simmer and cover for about 15 minutes or until lentils start to get tender.
3. Add potatoes, cover and return to simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
Roasted Cauliflower to add on top!
2 heads cauliflower chopped
1⁄4 cup olive oil
1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
1 pinch salt
1. Place the cauliflower florets on a baking dish.
2. Pour the olive oil over the cauliflower.
3. Season with garlic powder and salt.
4. Mix the cauliflower making sure that all florets are covered evenly with oil and seasoning.
5. Spread the cauliflower over the baking dish.
6. Roast the cauliflower in the preheated oven for 35 minutes or until tender. Make sure not to overcook.